DIY cosmetic recipes to cheer you up this weekend.
So this week everyone I know seems to be suffering with some form of a cold, myself included. And it’s left me feeling a little bit down. So I am treating myself this weekend to lots of me time, chocolate and wine but more importantly I am making some lovely home made beauty recipes to treat my skin and hair as they are in need of a serious boost.
Making my own hair and beauty creams at home requires some serious research as I am very conscious what I put onto my skin and I am always in search of new super ingredients. I will let you know what I make and how I get on in my next blog but wanted to share a few DIY cosmetic recipes that you could make at home this weekend out of your kitchen cupboard to cheer you all up.
The first one is my favourite 🙂
1) Red wine or Champagne bath – It might sound a little odd and extravagant but do not knock this one until you have tried it.
Red wine is full of antioxidants which help repair and protect the skin and helps reverse the affects of aging. Champagne is a great exfoliater and helps even out skin tone reducing fine lines. This super indulgent soak could not be easier, Just run your bath and pour a glass or two of red wine, champagne or both into your bath, lay back and feel fabulously extravagant.
2) You should be trying to exfoliate your face several times a week to get rid of dead skin cells and promote the growth of glowing new ones. I’m sure most people have the following ingredients at home so why not give this a go as it will add moisture to your skin whilst exfoliating at the same time.
– 3 tablespoons of oil
– 2 tablespoons of honey (natural is best)
– 4 tablespoons – half a cup of sugar depending on how gentle you want the exfoliater to be.
Mix all your ingredients together and gently apply to your face using circular motions, wash off and enjoy silky smooth skin.
3) No pamper evening is complete without a good old face mask. So have a rummage in your kitchen and see if you can find the following ingredients:
– One Egg yolk
– One tablespoon of plain yogurt
– One tablespoon of honey (natural is best)
– 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
This mask is suitable for all skin types, just mix all your ingredients together in a bowl, apply to your face after cleansing and exfoliating and leave for ten minutes before washing it off.
Please note that the above recipes are for same day use and shouldn’t be kept to use another day. They do not have preservatives in them to keep them fresh so once you have made them please use within the same day and then discard.
If you just don’t have the time or energy to whip up these recipes take a look at our top pamper products below. These will help you feel happily human again in no time.
I have hundreds of other cosmetic and beauty tips and tricks but I want to hear from you what you want to hear about.
I want my website and facebook page to be interactive and sociable not just about selling products. So what do you want to read? Beauty tips and tricks, cosmetic recipes, competitions and offers, information about our products or a mixture of everything?
Please leave comments to let me know how you get on and what you want to read about in my next blog. I would love to see pictures of your cosmetics if you give them a go.
Happy Bath Time!
The Bath Mama